B.B.A (Marketing and Finance)
B.B.A. (Banking and Finance)
B.B.A. (Accounting and Finance)
B.A. (Business Economics)
B Com (Honours in Accounting and Finance)
B.Com. (Hons.) Accounting & Finance or Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) in Accounting & Finance is an undergraduate Commerce course. Accounting and Finance covers the study of principles of accounting, financial planning, economic theory, micro and macroeconomics, money and banking systems, knowledge about business, trade and its characteristics and policies involved, etc. In simpler words, B.Com. (Hons.) (Accounting & Finance) is a degree program in which, apart from a general course study in Commerce, the primary focus is on the systematic study of the concepts in the specialized subjects and topics related to the fields of Accounting & Finance. The duration of the course is three years and it is career orienting in banking and other commerce fields.
B.Com. (Hons.) Accounting & Finance Eligibility
- The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing B.Com. (Hons.) (Accounting & Finance) degree is qualifying 10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream from a recognized board of the country.
- Students must have studied and passed in any one of the subjects viz, Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics or Mathematics at intermediate level. Some of the reputed universities and institutes demand a minimum of 50% marks in the above subjects at 10+2 level.
B.Com. (Hons.) Accounting & Finance Course Suitability
- They should have knowledge and awareness of business organizations, including how they operate and are managed, which may enhance your commercial awareness, particularly if the course involves a work placement or case studies.
- They also have numerical and quantitative skills that are gained through understanding, recording and evaluating figures within a business context.
- They also possess the skills like problem-solving and analytical ability which are gained during the numerical aspects of your studies and from exercises and project work.
- Applicants should also have the ability to interact well with people.
How is B.Com. (Hons.) Accounting & Finance Course Beneficial?
- After successful completion of B.Com. (Hons.) (Accounting & Finance) degree course, one can either carry on further studies i.e. M.Com., MBA, etc or can look for a career in banking, finance, auditing, or accountancy, in both the government as well as private sector.
- B.Com. (Hons.) (Accounting & Finance) degree makes one eligible to work in Accounts and Finance departments of various firms & companies, banks, government departments and agencies, educational institutions and a number of other types of organizations.
- The B.Com. (Hons.) (Accounting & Finance) degree course prepares students for a professional qualification in finance and accounting and provides a solid base in the field of Accounting and Finance, thus making it easier to acquire a leadership / managerial role in the financial sector.
- They can also have works as freelancers in this field; and work separately by taking assignments from small venture for maintaining their accounts on daily or weekly basis.
B.Com. (Hons.) Accounting & Finance Employment Areas
- Various Corporate Sectors in their Marketing and Accounts Sections
- Finance, Commerce and the Banking Sectors
- Research Associates with Economic Consulting Firms
- Economic Consulting Jobs
- Customs Department
- Import / Export Companies
- Indian Civil Services
- Indian Economic Services
B.Com. (Hons.) Accounting & Finance Job Types
- Accounts Assistant
- Assistant Accountant
- Business Analyst
- Cashier/ Teller
- Corporate Analyst
- Equity Research Analyst
- Executive Assistant
- Finance Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Investments Analyst
- Investment Banker
- Market Analyst
- Marketing Manager
- Money Manager
- Operations Manager
- Personal Finance Consultant
- Risk Analyst
- Securities Analyst
- Senior Accountant