XML AND WEB SERVICES
UNIT – I
XML TECHNOLOGY FAMILY
PART – A (2 MARKS)
1. What is XML?
2. What are the benefits of XML?
3. What are the advantages of XML?
4. What is Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)?
5. What are the advantages of XML over HTML?
6. What is W3c (World Wide Web) Consortium?
7. What are the advantages of XML over Data base?
8. What is the role of XML?
9. What are the drawbacks to XML?
10. Define XML document structure.
11. List the rules for XML structure
12. What is DTD?
13. Define XML schema.
14. What are the advantages of schema over DTD?
15. What are the datatypes in an XML schema?
16. Define XML processing.
17. What is DOM? What are the different levels of DOM?
18. What is mean by SAX?
19. List out the import ants of SAX?
20. What are the presentation technologies?
21. Write any two differences between XSLT and CSS?
22. What are the different XSLT elements?
23. What is XQuery?
24. What is XForm?
25. What is XPath?
26. What is XSLT?
PART – B (16 Marks)
1. Explain about XML Namespaces.
2. Explain about Document Type Definition in detail.
3. How to create an XML Schema and Explain.
4. Explain about XML Presentation Technologies.
5. Explain briefly about XML Transformation Technologies.
6. Explain about XML processing in detail.
UNIT – II
ARCHITECTING WEB SERVICES
1. What are web services?
2. What are the limitations of CORBA and DCOM?
3. What is an XML-RPC?
4. Draw the block diagram for web services roles and relationship.
5. List out the advantages of Web services technology.
6. What are the things available in Web Services?
7. What are the major aspects of Web service technologies?
8. Define SOA.
9. List the hierarchy integration options of SOA.
10. List the key functional components of SOA.
11. List out the four methods for building Web Services.
12. What are the two steps to invoking a Web Service?
13. List out the four web Services security layer basic requirements.
14. List out the three access control models those Web Service registries.
15. Define Quality of Service and Reliable Messaging in SOA.
16. Define Composition of Web Services and its categories.
17. Draw the block diagram of web services technology stack
18. List out the different elements in a complex workflow of web services
19. Define the Deployment (or Physical) architectural View.
PART – B (16 Marks)
1. What is mean by B2B &B2C and explain the business and technical motivations for
web services with detail.
2. Explain and detail about the service-oriented architecture (SOA) with block
3. Explain the implementation architectural view of web services technology stack with
4. Explain the logical architectural view of web services composition with flow
5. Explain the deployment architectural view from application servers to peer-to-peer.
6. Explain the process architectural view of life in the runtime.
WEB SERVICES BUILDING BLOCKS
1. Define SOAP Message.
2. List the elements of WDSL documents.
3. Draw the block diagram of WDSL document structure.
4. List the WDSL extensibility elements documents.
5. What are the futures of UDDI?
6. Draw the block diagram of UDDI structure.
7. List out the key technologies
8. What are Web Services Registry Directories?
9. What are the risks in Web Services?
10. What is SOAP?
11. Define HTTP and its use?
12. Define GET command File.
13. What is POST command?
14. What is the goal of XML Protocol Working Group?
15. What is meant by SOAP with attachments?
16. What are message paths in SOAP?
17. What are the parts in the SOAP message?
18. What are all the environments that supporting SOAP?
19. Define SMIL?
20. List out the advantages of SMIL.
21. Define SMIL modularization.
PART – B (16 Marks)
1. Explain the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) in detail.
2. Explain the Universal Description, Discovery and Integration (UDDI) in detail.
3. Explain the Web Services Description Language (WDSL) in detail.
4. Explain the Web Services Security in detail.
5. Explain the Web Services Inspection Language (WSIL) in detail.
IMPLEMENTING XML IN E-BUSINESS
1. What is the Supply Chain?
2. Where the supply chain itself applies to two different ways of conducting business?
3. What are the efficiencies of supply chain?
4. Define Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
5. What are the stated goals of EDI?
6. What are the two primary syntaxes for EDI?
7. Define e-Business.
8. List out the three major components of e-Business.
9. What is mean by e-commerce?
10. Define E-Procurement.
11. What is mean by E-Collaboration?
12. List the important roles to identify the parties play in B2B e-commerce.
13. What are two primary categories of supplier channel?
14. List out the components of E-Business XML Systems.
15. Define Enterprise Integration.
16. What are all the fundamentals for e-business exchange?
17. List the different security levels of fundamental transport protocols.
18. Define Data Dictionaries.
19. What is ebXML?
20. What are all major components of XML/EDI?
21. List the ebXML infrastructure components.
22. Define core components.
23. Define Rosetta Net.
24. What is mean by Partner Interface Processes (PIP)?
25. Define VoiceXML.
26. What are the advantages of Web phone access to wireless services?
27. List the limitation of WML.
PART –B (16 MARKS)
1. Explain the Business to Customer (B2C) and Business to Business (B2B).
2. Explain Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) in detail.
3. Explain E-Business and the Internet- Enabled Supply Chain.
4. Explain the different types of Business to Business (B2B) interaction.
5. Describe the Components of E-Business XML Systems in detail.
6. Explain e-business XML (ebXML) in detail.
7. Draw the block diagram of Rosetta Net and explain in detail.
8. Explain the web services on mobile devices in detail.
XML CONTENT MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY
1. What is mean by RDF?
2. Define the RDF Graph.
3. Define Just Enough Graph Theory.
4. Draw the diagram for basic parts of a graph.
5. What is meant by the RDF statement?
6. List two formal characteristics of the RDF graph.
7. List the Issues in RDF Syntax.
8. How to define RDF vocabulary?
9. Give the Example of RDF type concept.
10. List the six categories RDF schema resources.
11. Define Non-Model Validation.
12. Define Ontology.
13. Define DDC.
14. What is the XML security framework?
15. Define web content management.
16. What is XLANG?
17. What is WSFL?
18. What is WSCL?
PART –B (16 MARKS)
1. Explain the resource description framework in detail.
2. Describe RDF schema with suitable syntax and block diagram.
3. With the block diagram, explain the architecture of semantic web in detail.
4. Explain in detail about the content management workflow.
5. Explain in detail about XLANG.
6. Describe in detail about WSFL.